Article & Event Submission Guidelines
- Title: All story or article submissions must include a working title. Please note that your submission may be edited, abridged or otherwise altered, and by submitting to Tri-Area Times, you agree to this type of editing. A bio is optional.
- Word count: There is no minimum word count, although the ideal post runs between 300 and 1000 words.
- Video & Images: Begin your article with a related image, and finish your article with a Youtube video for the biggest impact. All supporting images should be attached to the submission form with references to original sources if you do not have image rights.
- Links to other content: Please search Tri-AreaTimes.net for information and links to certain categories/topics before you link to other sources.
- Tone: We welcome posts both in the third-person and written in a more personal and direct voice.
- Lists: Posts offering numbered lists are typically popular, such as “16 Ways to Amp Up Your Brain Power” and “4 Steps to Improve the World.”
- Media: Please include at least one .JPG image or .PDF document with your event submission.
- Length: Events within 60 days of calendar date may be added. Please contact us if you would like to list an event more than 60 days away.
- Only community events that are free / low charge in Jefferson County may be added. Explore ad sponsorships here.